Signing up to Stuff Fibre is easy and only takes a couple of minutes. We have designed a simple process, and we will only ask you for information that is necessary to get you connected.
Firstly, open the Stuff Fibre website and look for the address search bar in the middle as shown below:
Enter the first part of your address into the address searcher and select it from the dropdown list. If you are in an apartment building please include your apartment number.
NOTE: This first address search uses Google Maps and allows us to quickly list similar addresses as you type. Due to the nature of how NZ is constantly growing, some addresses may not be listed yet. We also check your address against formal council records on the next step.
Select your address from the list that appears on the next page. This list is the confirmed list according to council records, so may be slightly different to our first search. You may need to load more options if your address is not displayed, especially if you live in a large apartment building with many unique addresses.
If your address is not displayed even when you show more options please go back one page and try the search again. This time select the "Enter manually instead" option at the bottom of the list, as per the screen shot above. We also have more complete instructions on how to manually search an address at this link.
If the manual address lookup option does not help you can give us a call on 0800 862 337.
Now choose your plan, by selecting the various options available to you. Referring to the image above, the numbered areas show the following:
- You can choose to add Boost to your service which will give you the maximum speed of up to 950Mbps when using an ethernet connection. More information on Boost is available here: https://www.stuff-fibre.co.nz/fibre-boost
- Choose your Term with us: you can have "No Term", "12 months" or "24 months". Each one has a different commitment and therefore different additional costs or benefits.
- Choose if you want to add the Voice add-on. You can read more about Voice here: https://www.stuff-fibre.co.nz/home-phone
- Choose if you want to buy outright our High-end Router. This router is designed for very large homes and/or ones with more than 5 heavy users: https://www.stuff-fibre.co.nz/gigabit-router
You can also find out more about the optional extras by hovering over the options.
If you request a Voice service, you will also be asked to provide details of the service if we are transferring a number. I.e. Provider, Phone number to be transferred. We will require the name exactly as it appears on the account and the full account number.
Lastly click on the Login & Checkout button to proceed with your order.
Choose the login type. This is how you will log in your dashboard. Your options are Facebook, Google and Stuff.
If you do not have a any of these, or do not wish to use them, you can instead create a new Stuff Fibre login. A pop up window will take you through creating one. Since we are part of the same company, the login you create can also be used on https://stuff.co.nz as a login if you like.
We recommend making a note of which type of login you choose as this is how you will login in future. i.e. if you need to change card details, or wish to view/change what services you want from us.
Once you have logged in successfully the sign up with options should change and show your name. Click the box with your name displayed or log in with a different account.
Next you will be asked to confirm a number of things so we can finalise and place your order:
- Your personal details - name, email address and phone number. Note that we prefer a mobile number, so that you can be contacted about your connection even whilst it is being installed or is offline for any reason.
- If you are bringing your service from another provider, or at least have a Fibre connection already at this address, you will need to pick when you wish to get connected. If Fibre still needs to be installed, we will provide options on when this is possible once we confirm resource availability with your local fibre laying company.
- Then you will need to provide your credit or debit card details for payment. At this stage, we only accept Mastercard or Visa, and card payments only. Your bank may require us to put a $1 Authorisation Hold on your card to verify it, and this is voided by us almost immediately - it may take a few days for your bank to release it back to your card, but at no stage will this $1 amount actually leave your account.
- If you have a voucher code enter it into the voucher code field and click apply before clicking the place my order button. If the code has applied correctly it will display in the Order Summary. Otherwise you can just leave it blank.
- You will need to accept the terms and conditions before placing the order. We do request you read them first before placing the order, and they are the Terms under which your service with us is provided. You can also refer to them directly at any time by following this link.
- Hit Place Order to get Stuff Fibre. Note that you can also change your order details at any time before you place your order, by clicking on the Edit my order button.
Once the order has gone through it should then take you to a page to confirm your router delivery address. By default it will go to the address for service however you can change this in the field provided then press enter. i.e if you need it sent to a work address.
There will be a check mark to indicate the address selected; selecting a new address will automatically update the delivery to the new address, without the need to do anything else.
If you wish to have your address include a business name or level please contact us asap by calling 0800 862 337 or by emailing us at .
The router delivery address options will show each time you log in until the router is dispatched.
If your dashboard indicates you do not have any active orders or services please give us a call on 0800 862 337.
You may need to refresh the page to see any order updates.
A few things to note:
If you have an existing Fibre service and wish to transfer the service please refresh the router delivery page and confirm the service at the address is yours and provide your ISP details. We allow 20 minutes for any updates regarding existing services. If you have an existing service and this option does not appear even after refreshing the page please contact us asap.
If you wish to select a date for activation fibre must have already been installed at the address.
Please note existing ONT orders typically take between 3-5 days depending on your address.
Please see the link for help identifying your ONT.
If you have newly moved into an address that has an ONT please confirm you have a power cable and can turn the ONT on. If you do not have a power cable for the ONT please get in contact with us once you have placed your order.
New Install times vary depending on your address and if consent or build is required. A standard install takes 2-4 weeks depending on tech availability - This does not include the consent or build process.
More information about consent can be found here:
If you would like to check your address before you place an order you can give us a call on 0800 862 337, raise us on chat, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org