1. Ensure you are connected to Wifi or via Ethernet cable then download and extract the new Firmware File from the apropriate link below:
For the ASUS RT-AC58U (Our standard model)
For the ASUS RT-AC88U (Upgrade model)
Note: To extract this in windows simply right click the file and click Extract All then Extract in the following page.
The username and password will be as below or may be different if you have changed them previously:
Note: If prompted you may need to change the login password for your router, You will see the screen below. Router Name refers to the Username and you can either use the current one "admin" or change it if you would prefer.
4. Select "Administration" on the left hand side under "Advanced Settings"
5. Select "Firmware Upgrade" in the options at the top of the page.
6. On the page below click Browse
7. In the box shown below select the file you have extracted from inside the new folder (this should be in your download folder which can often be found by clicking Quick Access on the left) and click Open.
8. You should the screen below, This indicates the update is in progress, this may take between 3-10 minutes.
9. Once it's completed you should see at least 3 blue lights on the top of the ASUS router and it should return to normal, You can now resume normal use.
You can check your firmware version via the page in step 6.